Saturday, July 19, 2014

Two Recipes - Cheesy Zucchini Rice & Ranch Corn Salad


I managed to try out two recipes this past week.  This first one is Cheesy Zucchini Rice.  I was in a rush to get dinner done and neglected to take a photo.  I was pleased with how this side dish turned out.  I followed the recipe exactly.  While it is not something I would make every week, I will include it once a month or so.  W is not a huge zucchini fan, but he had two servings of this dish.  I will probably use dehydrated zucchini during the winter months.  It is a great alternative to the boxed side dishes.

 

The second recipe for this week is Ranch Corn Salad.  I made a couple of changes based on what I had on hand.  I did use a bag of frozen corn.  I used diced red onion rather than green onions.  I also used my homemade ranch dressing rather than a bottled ranch dressing. 

 


 

This recipe was amazing!  It is a perfect hot weather side dish.  I took it to a church dinner and came home with just a tiny bit.  This is definitely something I will make several times during the summer.  I used tomato and pepper from the garden so it was rather inexpensive to make. 

No comments: