Saturday, July 12, 2014

Testing, Testing - Trying Out New Recipes


I am horrible about saving every recipe that looks remotely good to me.  This can be online, from magazines, or cookbooks.  The problem is that I rarely get around to making the recipes.  I am going to do my best to try out one recipe a week and post the results on Saturdays. 

 

Up first is Cranberry Coconut Breakfast Cookies from One Hundred Dollars a Month.  I chose this one because I had some bananas in the freezer.  I had been looking for a way to use them up. 

 


 

The ingredients came together quickly – just dump and stir.  At first I thought the cookies would just fall to pieces.  After baking they held together quite well even though I am sure that the amount of banana I used was off. 

 

Verdict – They were average.  I liked them but am not sure I would ever make them again.  I think this is more a reflection of our personal tastes than the recipe though. 

Are you a recipe collector? 

No comments: