Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Quick Garden Update

I have been working in my garden when I can find some spare time.  I have not been able to put as much into this year as I had hoped, but I am happy with the progress.

I have added more flowers to the garden this year.  The bees and butterflies love them.




The lavender has recovered from being repeatedly dug up by the chickens.


The marshmallow and blue hyssop have hit a growth spurt over the last few weeks.


My lemons are growing well.  It will be several months before they are ready to be harvested.


The fig tree is loaded this year.  I see fig jam in my future.


I have started harvesting a few cherry tomatoes.


Finally the cucamelon vines are growing like crazy.  I am happy that I decided to push the containers up against the fence this year.

No comments: