Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Quick Garden Update

My poor, neglected garden continues to do well.  I have been watering it as our temps are hovering around 100 degrees with a heat index of 106-110 degrees.

The eggplants are starting to bloom.  They were added in at the last minute, but I hope to harvest a few before the season is over.


My tiny orange tree has a few blooms.  I am not sure if it will actually hold any oranges though.


The discounted Gerbera daisy is growing well and has its first bloom.


I had almost given up on the Armenian cucumbers producing this year.  They were loaded with blooms and visited by bees but did not seem to be putting on any cucumbers.  I guess they were just off to a later start as I saw a small cucumber this week.

 

My little potted herb area is working out very well.  In the front right you can see two of W's avocado plants.  In the front left is one that was repeatedly dug up by the squirrels, but it has sprouted back out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that you got a cucumber going. You are contending with heat that I don't have to deal with. It seems like it is so hard for people to grow gardens when it gets so hot where they live. I'm glad to see that your flower is blooming. I just love those Gerbera daisies.