Saturday, July 23, 2016

Weekend Book Review: The Bookshop on Rosemary Lane

Ellen Berry's book, The Bookshop on Rosemary Lane, deserved its very own review post.  This book is one of the best that I have read recently.  In a word it is charming.  Della's mother passes away, and she takes her mother's cookbooks - all 900+.  With her husband Mark growing more disconnected and her daughter headed to college, Della gets the grand idea of opening a bookshop full of nothing but cookbooks.  Mark is totally against the idea, but Della presses forward.

I loved Della's spunk and sense of adventure even when things are not always going her way.  The idea of a bookshop full of cookbooks is wonderful.  I can relate perfectly to collecting cookbooks.  The only bad thing was that I did reach the end of the book.  I was thrilled to find that two more books are in the works.  I will definitely be taking a trip back to Della's Rosemary Lane!

If you are looking for a heartwarming story, I highly recommend The Bookshop on Rosemary Lane.  You will not be disappointed.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: