Monday, June 5, 2017

2017 Goals Update Week 23

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
That front door is really trying my patience.  I will have to go back to the drill/wire brush to get the last of the paint off.  The rain chances drop off toward the end of the week so hopefully it will be ready for paint.


I was beyond excited that W knocked out putting up most of the vinyl siding with a little help from me and then my dad.  It looks amazing.  He still needs to do the tops of the ends and the eaves, but he made great progress.


He also knocked out a small project - adding tile to the aquarium cabinet.  This is protect the cabinet from any water drips.  It used some leftover tile from around the fire place.


2.  Plan ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
I added some money to the gift fund.  I have picked out an unusual gift for my dad for Father's Day.  W gave his dad a combo birthday/Father's Day gift - a customized mail box.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
We ate peppers and herbs from the garden this week.  It is wonderful to just walk out the back door and harvest what I need.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I did nothing on this goal last week.  I am thinking of switching classes and starting back on the dessert class this fall.  

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
My mom picked up a couple of items this past weekend at a yard sale.  I did not get any wash cloths done this past week.

6.  Boost Savings
Thanks to W working some crazy overtime we were able to knock a chunk off the credit card debt.  If all goes well, we should have this gone within the next six weeks!

1 comment:

terricheney said...

Good job on the siding going up! It does look terrific. And congratulations on knocking a big chunk off the credit card. I know how satisfying that can feel!