Saturday, June 10, 2017

Weekend Book Reviews

A Reference to Murder by Kym Roberts is book two in the Book Barn Mystery series.  Charli runs The Book Barn along with her dad.  This book takes place during a fundraising auction and rodeo.  I had not read the first book, but I had no problem following this one.  I am not a big fan of bull riding, but my main problem with this book is all of the time spent on Charli's love life.  The mystery did not occur until I was well into the book.  My favorite character was Princess, the pet armadillo.  I did like the writing style and will give the next book a chance.

Greta McKennan is the author of Uniformly Dead, book one in the A Stitch in Time Mystery series.  Daria owns her own seamstress shop and has done several wedding dresses.  She has started to expand by sewing historically accurate clothing for Civil War reenactors.  Her first major client, the very particular Colonel Windstrom, is murdered shortly after she delivers his coat.  Among the suspects are her brother and the fiancee of her latest wedding client.  Daria works to solve the mystery with some help from her quirky roommate, Aileen.  I enjoyed the characters and setting and look forward to more in this series.

disclosure:  I received these e-books from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: