Tuesday, June 20, 2017

2017 Goals Update Week 25

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
Last week was spent with me either tutoring or canning (with W's help).  The only new house project we finished was finally moving my piano from the old house to the new.  W actually did it while I was gone to pick tomatoes at a local farm.  This week has rain in the forecast for much of the week so I am not sure if we will get much accomplished.  He wants to work on the yard/garden or finish some tile work in the back bathroom.

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
I am saving for holiday gifts since we have a long stretch between birthdays for the next few months.  I have been keeping my eye out for anything that would be perfect for someone on my list.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
I picked herbs, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, and squash last week.  I have also ordered the rest of the seeds I need for my fall garden.  It might seem odd to be thinking about that before summer is officially here.  I do need to get some of the seeds started in peat pellets in about three weeks though.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I was so busy with tomatoes last week that I never made the mocha madeleines.  That is on my list for later this week.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I went to a neighbor's yard sale and got some wonderful things for boy and girl boxes.  She gave me a deal since she knew I doing with everything.  My goal is to start packing in August so I need to get busy on those washcloths.

6.  Boost Savings
I put another chunk of money toward the credit card debt and have watched my spending.  We are still on track to knock off that debt next month.

No comments: