Monday, June 26, 2017

2017 Goals Update Week 26

1.  Completely Finish New House & Update Property
This week W fixed the cabinet doors over the refrigerator.  They needed a slight trimming to fit properly.  He also fixed the cover on the kitchen smoke detector.  It worked properly, but the molding needed a bit of a trim so the cover set right.  We also measured the aquarium cabinet and bathroom built in for doors.  W got with his dad for a consultation on building the doors.  I expect we will work on a few small projects this week as we have a few other things going on.

I have started clean up on the property.  It is mainly moving things around and making it less cluttered.  This is important since snake season is upon us.  I tend to leave snakes alone if they leave me alone.  I do prefer to minimize the places they can hide though.

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday and Holiday Gifts
I had planned to get a gift card for our niece.  She called searching for an aquarium to put a gecko.  W fixed one up complete with secure lid.  That will make a nice birthday gift since it is something she wants.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
I put jalapeno poppers in the freezer using peppers from the garden.  We have been eating squash, cucumbers, and herbs.  I sold a few herbs this week.  The rabbits have eaten some of the excess cucumbers from the garden as treats.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I made the mocha madeleines this past week.  They turned out okay.  I will need to adjust the baking time for my oven.  This week I plan to make citrus madeleines.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
My mother-in-law gave me soap to put in the boxes.  I also made a couple more wash cloths.  I lost track of how many I need to finish so counting will be on my to do list this week.  I want to knock those out so I can crochet some hair bows.

6.  Boost Savings
No extra money was added to the debt this past week. I watched our spending this week.  The grocery spending was less than $20.  I am still hopeful that we can do away with the credit card debt next month!

No comments: