Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Weekly Goals Update: Week 36

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
This week I started the Holiday Grand Plan.  My plan is to use it to get these last house projects done as well as preparing for the holidays.  This week is front porch, and I include the yard.  I have a few finishing touches to add to the porch.  This morning W and I loaded up a bunch of trash and took it to the land field.  We will have another load to take off next week.  W also moved another pile of pecan limbs.  We need to repair a window screen, and I want to get the old storage building emptied.  I will share an update on what we actually accomplish next week.

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday and Holiday Gifts
I was ordering something from WalMart and needed a bit to get free shipping.  I decided to order the 20oz tumbler that I want to personalize for the youth in my Sunday night Bible class at church.  I will have plenty of time to personalize them and will have one set of gifts marked off my list.  I did make out a beginning holiday gift list to keep me on track.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
I planted lettuce, radish, kale, and beet seeds in the garden this week.  I need to clean out a few more areas to plant some mustard and turnips seeds.  One set of tomato plants is dead, but the cherry tomatoes are blooming so I will leave those.  I have plenty of empty areas in some raised beds to plant greens for the chickens and rabbits.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I made macarons!!! Even better they turned out great.  The Craftsy class was a huge help.  Cheryl, thank you for your encouraging comment last week.  I had convinced myself that they would be next to impossible to make.  They turned out to be easier than I feared.  I am going to make a couple of batches for a wedding shower later this month.  The lesson here is that you should never be afraid to try.



5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I have 9 wash cloths left to make.  I ordered boxes and the youth at church have already assembled them.  If all goes well, I will start packing next week.

6.  Boost Savings
I got good news on the mower.  The repairs will fall at the lower end of the budget.  This month we can start saving for the new fence.  I hope to have that done by the end of the year.

1 comment:

terricheney said...

So glad that the macarons turned out nicely! And good on the mower repair. I was pleased that I had set aside MOST of the money needed to cover our new mower deck and so savings will take a much smaller hit than we'd thought at the time we ordered it.