Saturday, September 2, 2017

Weekend Book Reviews

3-Minute Devotions with Charles Spurgeon compiled by Barbour Staff is a nice devotion book when you need a quick message.  The inspirational readings are as relevant today as when they were written.  I appreciated the addition of scripture and a short prayer for each devotion.  This book would make a wonderful gift.  I am planning to purchase a few for upcoming the holiday season.  I must confess that I spend more than 3 minutes meditating on the devotions.  The devotions make a wonderful starting point for spiritual growth.

Zainab Khan's Kawaii Doodle Class gives readers simple instructions for creating adorable characters.  I have no artistic ability when it comes to drawing.  I thought if nothing else this book would be fun to look through.  I was surprised at how easy some of the doodles were to replicate.  The illustrations were easy to follow.  While my drawings were far from perfect, it gives me the confidence to keep trying.  I have already used what I learned to amaze a few young relatives.  I am glad I did not let my artistic short comings stop me from checking out this charming book.

disclosure:  I received these e-books from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!


No comments: