Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Weekly Goals Update Week 38

I am still without internet so posts will be limited until it is back up.  At this point my provider has absolutely no idea when it will be restored.  I hope they have a better post-natural disaster plan in place for the next hurricane.

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
Prior to Hurricane Irma we cleaned off the porch and decorated it for fall.  All of that was removed as was everything off the back deck.  We are waiting to see where Maria will go before we do much.  I have managed to clean up all of the fallen leaves and limbs.  The pecan tree that fell will stay until the pecans make.  Then we will deal with removing it.  I hope to work on the foyer and hallway this week.  We need to do some touch up painting and put up a few pieces of molding.

2.  Plan ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
I got another shower invitation. I have the gift for that.  I have written ideas for other gifts but need the internet to research and shop.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
I was happy to find that my garden survived the storm just fine.  Even my seedlings that had just started sprouting survived just fine.  I expect it was a combination of the raised beds and having wire over the top which protected them from falling limbs.

4.  Take One Class a Month
This is on hold until my internet is back on.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I finished crocheting all of the wash cloths for this year and have gotten a head start on next year's.  I guess being without the internet has made me more productive.

6.  Boost Savings
We picked up the lawn mower, and it was at the lower end of estimate.  I can start setting aside money for our new fencing this month and begin building up savings.

No comments: