Monday, September 25, 2017

Weekly Goals Update: Week 39

1.  Completely Finish New House & Update Property
We spent the last week putting the porch back together.  I will share the things we added tomorrow.  The rest of our time was spent on the yard.  We have been piling up limbs and leaves to burn.  We also have another load of trash to take off.

This week promises to be busy.  I do want to get a can of leftover paint tinted for molding.  I do not know if I will get any done this week. Having everything on hand when I do have time will be a good thing.  I hope to get the last area of the property cleaned up from Irma this week too.

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
No gifts to buy this week.  I will spend some time looking into some items on my holiday gift list.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
W has been working on plans for his hydroponic system.  I expect to order some supplies and seeds for that.  The lettuce seeds I have planted are growing very well in spite of the hot weather.  I am looking forward to some homegrown salads.  I also plan to transplant a couple of tomato seedlings into buckets so I can have tomatoes this winter.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I have one lesson left in the Miniature French Dessert class - Opera Cake.  I plan to watch the lesson even though baking the cake may have to wait until next week.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
All of the shopping is done.  I plan to get the youth at church to help me start packing the boxes next month.

6.  Boost Savings
W got a discount on our internet service and a credit for this month after the mess with the "outage".  It is a small savings over the coming months but a savings nevertheless.  I have started putting some money into our emergency fund.  We have also started saving for the new fencing for our yard.  I skipped grocery shopping last week and have planned meals mainly focused on our pantry/freezer.

No comments: