Friday, November 2, 2018

Frugal Friday

The past few weeks have been hectic here with some family things going on.  I have tried to focus on being as frugal as possible.


I did minimal grocery shopping this past week.  I want to focus on eating out of the freezer/pantry this month.  I already have a turkey in the freezer for Thanksgiving.  Now if only we could get some soup weather, I would be set.


I reused the pumpkins from my front porch to decorate at my church's trunk or treat event.  Those $3 pumpkins have been well used this year.  I plan to continue their use after the season is over by feeding them to the chickens.


I kept up with the weather forecasts and washed clothes according to the weather.  Things that could be dried on racks inside were left for rainy days. 


I found dish washing gloves marked 90% off at Dollar General.  We also picked up a set of drinking glasses on clearance.  I will add these to my gift closet.  Paired with some crocheted dish scrubbies and cloths they will make a nice wedding shower gift. 


I gave away leftovers from our trunk or treat.  In the end there were still some hot dogs and hamburgers left.  I brought these home and put them in the freezer for future meals. 

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Family things continue to be hectic here too.
I’ve shopped for Nov. and hope to do no more shopping except for minimal fresh things until December

Out My window said...

that is suah a good shower gift. What a nice idea.