Thursday, November 29, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 47

First an explanation for the total lack of posts here.  My dad ended up back in the hospital for the third time in just over a month.  He was worse than the previous two times.  Thankfully this time (after several days) he ended up with the right mix of doctors.  He had his gall bladder removed and is on the mend.  Life has been topsy turvy here, but I am expecting it to get back to normal. 


1.  Disaster Preparedness
I abandoned this goal after this weekly "missions" got too out there for me.


2.  Makeover the Garden
After everything that happened I did not get any planting done.  I do not have high hopes for this week either.  Life is like that some times.


3.  Organize Recipes
No - yet again.


4. Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks - Done
I did skip the grocery store Thanksgiving week.  I expect to skip it a couple more times before the year is out.  Cold weather makes me want to stay home.  If I lived where it snowed regularly, I would never leave.


5.  Focus on Saving
I did very little "Black Friday" shopping.  I bought patterns on sale from Etsy.  I tried to think ahead to the coming seasons and take advantage of the sales.  I spent a fair amount, but it was patterns I planned to buy.


6.  Etsy Shop
I failed horribly on my list an item every day goal.  Between getting ready for Thanksgiving and everything else that was happening, it fell to the wayside.

3 comments:

Out My window said...

Taking care of a sick parent is very draining and time consuming. Wish I was there to help you.

Cheryl said...

Sorry your dad was ill but glad he is on the mend. Hard to follow any plans when your worried about a love one.

terricheney said...

I am glad that your dad is now on the mend. It does seem this whole month has been something! I realized today that I have not even thought the first time about December...and tomorrow it begins. Prayers that your dad is all sorted out and all illness is at bay.