Tuesday, November 6, 2018

November Grocery Plans

Since I reached my goal of having 13 no spend grocery weeks already, I want to focus on using up some pantry items during the month of November.  I made a menu for the week by shopping my pantry/freezer first.  I will share next Tuesday how the first menu plan worked out.  This week I spent $21 on groceries.  I probably could have gotten by on less, but W requested a couple of meals and those used up a few pantry items.  What did I buy?


carrots
tomatoes
bananas (W's impulse buy)
mayonnaise
olives (for pizza)
chicken tenders
sausage
sour cream
cheese - 2
yogurt
frozen pot pies (for hectic day)


My menu is going to cover three meals a day for W and myself.  I am hoping for at least one meal of leftovers each week.  I would love to keep my weekly spending at around $20.  One of the main goals is to use up a bunch of odd things in the pantry. 



No comments: