Monday, January 8, 2018

2018 Goals: Week 1

1.  Disaster Preparedness
I did not go anywhere last week to purchase any items so I looked to what was already in the pantry.  I set aside two containers of juice and two jars of peanut butter.  As we use them I will replace them so I can keep a rotating stock.  Since I live so far out in the country, I do my best to keep a well stocked pantry.  Water is the area I need to work on although we do have four Life Straws which we can use.  I set aside some money in an emergency fund.  I did hear that following the hurricane people were allowed into stores one at at time and only allowed to use cash in small bills.

2.  Makeover the Garden
It was way too cold here last week to do anything in the garden.  This is what it looked like in the middle of last week.



3.  Organize Recipes
I decided to start with my cookbooks.  I chose a few to get rid of as I never used them.  I set some aside that were maybes.  If I do not use them in the next few months they will also go into the sell/donate pile.

4.  Have 13 No Spend Weeks for Groceries
I had not planned to knock one of these out right away.  With the snow and cold temperatures I opted to stay home and did not purchase any groceries.  One down and twelve to go!

5.  Focus on Saving
I ordered a set of cookware using gift cards and cash back rewards.  I worked on earning some Swagbucks and Microsoft Rewards.  I found a coupon for the fruit cups W likes to take in his lunch.  I looked at purchasing a few things but decided our project goals were more important.  

6.  Have Fun
I know some people might think of snow as fun, but I am not one of them.  Honestly I was just miserable with the cold and being stuck indoors all week.  I did take some extra time this week to read.  

1 comment:

Helena said...

Oh gosh, you really were affected by the cold. I hope you're OK and back to normal? I grew up with tons of snow, for months on end, so it's not too odd for me, but I get it that it messes things up in some places.