Friday, January 5, 2018

Frugal Friday - Snow Edition

I have discovered the best way to be frugal - live in the deep south and get 3 inches of snow.  I know for those of you up north that seems like no big deal.  It was a major deal here though.  Toby got his first look at snow and he loved it.  He was aggravated in the first picture, because I made him stop playing long enough to get a good shot.





I did what every good southerner should do and stayed home.  I cannot say that I accomplished much.  I have read, crocheted a bit, wrote some letters, and spent way too much time online.  Fortunately almost none of the online stuff was shopping.  I did purchase some stickers for the Christmas shoeboxes, but I budget for that.



I cooked at home which was good for the pantry challenge. 


We only ventured out once to pick up our (paid for) eyeglasses and bought nothing.


I received two new inserts for my doormat which were free with a gift card earned through Swagbucks.  I am doing my very best to buy any extras this year with earned gift cards. 


By Monday the highs here will be in the 60s again so life will get back to normal (no snow, no cutting off the water).  I have no idea how those of you up north survive!






No comments: