Sunday, January 28, 2018

Weekend Book Reviews

The Healing Powers of Tea by Cal Orey is a wealth of tea information.  From black, green, and white teas to herbal teas, it is all covered.  The book was well written with perfectly organized chapters.  Thanks to Ms. Orey I have rediscovered my love of tea.  I will be adding several new varieties to my pantry.  The recipes and interviews sprinkled throughout added to the book rather than being a distraction.  If you are a tea lover or simply curious about the benefits of tea, I highly recommend it. 


Samantha and Daniel Johnson are the authors of Chicken DIY:  20 Fun-to-Make Projects for Happy and Healthy Chickens.  I expected these to be more silly than useful, but I was wrong.  This book is full of wonderful chicken projects for both new and long time chicken owners.  Both of the nest box projects were well designed.  I think my favorite was the chicken swing.  I have several chickens that love to swing.  A very close second is the grazing box, and I am curious to try the wading pool with my flock.  This book gave me several ideas setting up our updated chicken house later this year!


disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: