Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 Goals

1.  Disaster Preparedness
I am not planning to go total prepper in advance of a zombie apocalypse.  Last year's hurricane did make me think harder about planning ahead.  I am going to loosely follow the weekly suggestions at this website. I had a glimpse at the shipment delays both for anything ordered online and for local stores. I want to make sure we are prepared just in case of another storm (or zombies).

2.  Makeover the Garden
Last year's goal of making better use of the garden allowed me to see some of the problems.  This year I want to make better use of the space and think more carefully about what I grow.  Please tell me I am not the only one tempted by the seed catalogs that arrive in the dead of winter.

3.  Organize Recipes
I have a recipe addiction.  I love to collect them - either online or in paper form.  This year I need to reorganize my recipes.  I have some things that I just no longer cook.  I have others that I have to pull up online every time that I need to add to my recipe notebook.  I also have some saved online that I will probably never make.  This is the year I get them in order!


4.  Have 13 No Spend Weeks for Groceries
I want to make better use of the pantry and not shop just because I normally do.  I expect that several of these weeks will take place during the summer when the garden is in full swing.


5.  Focus on Saving
I hope this will take on many forms.  I want to make better use of sales/coupons this year.  I hope to take advantage of reward sites to fill in some wants.  We have several projects planned for this year which will require funding. 


6.  Have Fun
Every year I find that holidays and summer especially pass me by while I am busy with stuff.  I am not planning huge things.  It might be something as simple as eating out once in a while or sitting in the yard with a book and a glass of lemonade. 

1 comment:

terricheney said...

Good and worthy goals, Dawn. I especially like the last one where you take time to ENJOY the summer and holidays. And yes, I don't even garden but I am so tempted by seed catalogs!