Friday, January 26, 2018

Five Frugal Things

1.  I made a batch of homemade laundry detergent.  I will be saving those laundry pods until summer when even the cold water coming out of our well is hot.  It takes very little of the homemade stuff to clean well so this should last about 4-5 months.


2.  I reused the containers from W's fruit cups to plant pepper seedlings.  They are sturdy, and it is easy to write the type of plant on the container.  I will be reusing these over and over.  I also reuse the plastic containers mushrooms come in to start seeds for the same reasons.


3.  I used coupons and a sale to get 3 deodorants from CVS for $2.56 and earned $4 in extra bucks. 


4.  I ordered just the seeds I needed - two types of tomatoes, tomatillos, and eggplant - from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.  I get free shipping on any order.  I had the rest of the tomato seeds left from last year.  Ordering just the seeds I need as I need to start them is better for my budget as I can space out my spending.


5.  I used some Amazon credits to save on a Kindle cookbook.  I like to choose No Rush Shipping when I can get either a digital credit or a Prime Pantry credit.

1 comment:

Out My window said...

Good saves, I always learn something new!