Thursday, January 11, 2018

Garden Update

Even though my garden looked like this last week




I have been working on my spring garden - indoors for the time being.


I always plan to plant my garden the week after Easter.  The date varies depending on when Easter falls.  This year it is on April 1 (I prefer the years when it is in March, but you gotta take what you get.)  Peppers take the longest so I started them first.  I am growing 10 varieties this year:  red bell, yellow bell, violet sparkle, pepperocini, jalapeno, black Hungarian, baby bell, pimento, poblano, and cubanelle.



The ones in the back were started a couple of weeks before the ones in the front.  I saved seeds from peppers I grew so those got an earlier start.  The ones in the front are from seed I ordered from Baker Creek, my favorite seed source.


Now that some are getting their true leaves, I will be transplanting them into larger containers.


I love watching the little plants pop up.  It makes the cold outside bearable.


No comments: