Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Pantry Challenge Questions/Comments



Obscure left this question yesterday:  "Hi! So do you call lunch dinner and dinner supper? Trying to keep up ;)"


I am sure I have been confusing quite a few people with the dinner and supper meals.  In the South especially the rural south we have dinner and supper rather than lunch and dinner.  Dinner here is the noontime meal.  The evening meal is called supper.  I think those terms are falling away with the younger generation though.


Little Penpen commented on using Amazon to shop for food items.  I will occasionally choose the "No Rush Shipping" option to get a $5 Prime Pantry credit.  I also check the "Buy 5 Select Items" for free shipping but have never found enough to make that work for me.  The credit makes shipping just 99cents.  Do not forget about Subscribe and Save to order grocery items.  Try to find at least five items to get the additional discount.  You can always skip a shipment or cancel an item even after one delivery.  It helps to know what a good price on items you regularly use.



3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I refuse to use the word dinner and call each meal lunch or supper.
My parents call the noon meal dinner but Nina and her family call the evening meal dinner.
Confusing!

Sue said...

In the Midwest we had dinner and supper. Here in the Northeast we have lunch and dinner.
Whatever you call it, just don't call me late for it!

obscure said...

Thanks for the update! ;)
I call it lunch and dinner too, but in the Northeast some people call dinner 'supper'