Monday, January 3, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

It has been several months since I planned weekly menus. This was one of my 2011 goals. I also decided to start January with a pantry/freezer challenge. I am sure I will shop some throughout the month, but I want to focus on using up what we have on hand.

Monday
Pizza and salad: Pizza is our normal Monday night meal. I am including a salad to make it healthier.


Tuesday
Lunch - Roast with gravy, mashed potatoes, butterbeans, rolls
Supper - chicken & cheese quesadillas


Wednesday
Lunch - chicken wings, potato salad, green beans
Supper - shrimp, baked French fries, salad


Thursday
Lunch - Black beans and rice, cornbread
Dinner - Breakfast for Supper: Waffles/pancakes and bacon


Friday
Lunch - garlic lime chicken, parmesan noodles, peas, rolls
Dinner - cheeseburgers


Saturday
Turkey pot pie: the filling is in the freezer so I will just need to make up the pie crusts



Sunday
Leftover night: I am trying to use this night as a time to eat up the leftovers. I am going to test it for a few weeks and see how it goes

Extras: We are not big dessert eaters, but I do have some apples in the fridge. A French apple tart is in the weekly plan. We also have an abundance of eggs thanks to several chickens that have started laying. I will likely be eating scrambled eggs for breakfast and may add deviled eggs to one day's menu.