Monday, January 31, 2011

January Savings

This was my first month using the Savings Tracker. Finally I kept up with my coupon usage. For the month of January I save $79.67 by using coupons. I spent $259.66 on groceries, health & beauty, and personal care. This was slightly higher due to stocking up on things. I hope February will be better spending-wise.

Here are two of my best shopping trips which happen to be from last week. At CVS I bought three hair accessory packs (for Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes), two cans of apple pie filling, and two packages of chocolate covered cranberries. My total out of pocket spending was $2.09.


Second was my grocery shopping trip. I got 3 pounds of onions, eggs, two bananas, grapes, peanut butter, and 2 bottles of coleslaw dressing. My total out of pocket was $4.92. I got a coupon for free eggs when I scanned my savings card. Otherwise I would not have gotten them as our chickens are laying well now.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Great buys! I see you have already started buying for Christmas! I need to follow your example.