Thursday, September 5, 2013

Homemade Fruit and Nut Bars

I love Kind bars.  They are delicious.  I am not so in love with the price though.  I searched online for a homemade version and was not disappointed.  I used this recipe from Love U Madly.  I made mine with almonds, pecans, and cranberries.  I live in a small town where brown rice syrup is impossible to find.  Thank goodness for Amazon. 


I am definitely going to be making these again and experimenting with different flavor combinations.  I opted to store mine in the refrigerator since the humidity made them a bit sticky. They were a hit with W and one of his co-workers who ended up eating the entire bar that I put in W's lunch.  I remembered to include two the following day.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Looks delicious. I would love to make these for my boys.