Thursday, January 2, 2014

Grocery Spending and Meal Plan

I had $50 for groceries this week.  Since I wanted to save some for stocking up later, I put $10 aside and headed out with $40.  We did not particularly need much so part of this week's purchases were for stocking up.  Here is a picture of my purchases with a breakdown below.

 
 
Save-a-Lot - $5.56
 
2 avocados
2 1/2 pounds bananas
cereal
2 lemons
 
Harvey's - $27.92
 
salt
instant grits
maple syrup (this week's splurge)
orange juice
2 gallons milk
half & half
2 blocks cheese
 
That leaves me with $6.52.  I plan to get a 15 pound bag of potatoes and 4 pounds of carrots with the money.  The store was out of stock today.  I will be using part of those in meals and dehydrating the rest for later. 
 
 
Meals for the week are as follows:
 
Tomato soup
Brunswick stew and grilled cheese
Cubed steak, parmesan pasta, green beans, deviled eggs
Barbecue sandwiches with potato wedges
Spaghetti pie, breadsticks, and salad
Pizza
Waffles or pancakes and sausage

No comments: