Thursday, May 29, 2014

Growing Fruit


While I love growing vegetables, I have been slowly adding more fruit trees/plants to my garden.  Here is a collage of what we have growing in the yard currently.

 


Row 1:  figs, blueberries, blackberries

Row 2:  peaches, pears, pineapple

Row 3:  raspberries, strawberries, lemons

 

The lemon tree is a dwarf.  While we do have a good-sized yard, we do have acres and acres available for planting.  I am learning to love dwarf fruit trees and plan to add more to the yard.  Next spring I definitely want more dwarf citrus trees and a couple of cherry trees. 

 

Raspberries are a rarity in my area.  I cannot think of anyone else who grows them.  I did some research and found a variety that thrives in the south.  Definitely research and see what variety of fruit tree/plant grows best in your area.  You are sure to find an option that will work for your region.

No comments: