Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Garden Update


It has been a long time since I posted some garden photos.  This time of year the spring garden is winding down, but it is still a bit early for planting the fall garden.  My main problem at the moment is that the pumpkin plants are taking over the entire raised bed area.

 


 


 

At least I do have some pumpkins.  Many are safe from the chickens.  Any growing low along the fence are quickly eaten.

 


 

The only other thing producing in the garden right now is the pear tree.

 


 

This week my plan is to clean out as much of the raised bed area as possible.  Then I will be planning out the fall planting.  I have all of the seeds and just need to fight with pumpkin vines.  I am trying to push all thoughts of snakes out of my mind. 

No comments: