Saturday, August 23, 2014

Testing, Testing - Crumb Cake & Honey Barbecue Meatloaf

First I must apologize for not getting any pictures of either recipe that I made this past week.  Both websites have good pictures though so please follow the links.


The first recipe is for a crumb cake which I made for a church dinner.  The recipe was time consuming and while it was good I will not make it again.  If I did though I would make it in a larger pan.  In the 9x13 pan it took much longer than 40 minutes to cook.  Even with this extra time the cake was moist.  I was just expecting a bigger punch of flavor.  I would rather make a honey bun cake which has more flavor and is considerably easier to make.


The second recipe was honey barbecue meatloaf.  I have a love/hate relationship with meatloaf.  I want to love it, but most of the time I hate it.  The flavors just fall flat for me.  This recipe changed everything.  I now have a love/love relationship.  I had two servings and  finished up the leftovers last night.  This will be a regular item on my monthly menu! 

No comments: