Monday, May 25, 2015

Weekly Savings

All of the hard work in the garden is starting to pay off as it is producing well.  This week we harvested squash, zucchini, cucumbers, onions, lettuce, potatoes, and herbs.

I bought 4 pounds (two 2lb packages) of country style ribs for just 39 cents. The meat was on markdown due to a fast approaching sale by date.  I cooked one package and vacuum sealed the second.

One of my splurges is a coffee subscription for fair trade, shade grown coffee.  My aunt gave me several packages of coffee beans so I have postponed my next coffee delivery.

My foot is finally healing, and I have been able to wear shoes again.  My usual shoes are a bit too tight on the toe and area of the foot that were broken.  My doctor had recommended that I try Crocs.  I searched on eBay and found a pair in my size (women's size 4) for just $8.  They do not look like they were ever worn.  They fit well, are comfy, and are easy to slip on and off.


I spent several evenings reading in the backyard.  Leo loves when I sit out there as he is happy to hang out with me.  It is generally cooler than in the house plus I have plenty of free light to read by.

I used some yarn leftover from other projects to make two small gifts - a hat and a dish scrubbie.

It was a quiet week but often those are the best!


No comments: