Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Weekly Savings

A couple of hectic weeks here meant that blogging had to be put to the side.  I expect things to be slightly calmer for the next two weeks.  I am going to do my best to get back to a regular schedule.  Today's weekly savings post will cover what I can remember for the past couple of weeks.

I dried all of our laundry on the line.

I got a discount on my favorite brand of nail polish by using a coupon.  I adore Zoya nail polish which is a bit higher than other brands but still much cheaper than paying for a manicure.

W had a movie night at home.  I took advantage of a sale on used DVDs to buy several movies we have wanted to see.  A less than $5 DVD and a bowl of popcorn make for a cheap movie night.

I focused on eating up leftovers so very little went to waste - meaning to the chickens.

I transplanted marigolds and zinnias that self-seeded from last year.  It was great to have free flowers to put all over the garden.  I am doing my best to keep the bees happy.

I bought a few herbs on sale to finish out my garden.  I was also very excited to find lemongrass which I thought I would have to order online.  I used compost from the garden and rabbit manure to fill the pots I planted the herbs in.

I picked radishes and garlic chives from the garden.  It is not quite as easy as shaking dried chives from a container, but I am not complaining about free, fresh chives.

A bit on the short side, but I wanted to get this posted and get myself back on track!

No comments: