Saturday, October 1, 2016

Weekend Book Review

I am a big fan of holiday themed books especially those that show Christmas decorations.  I was thrilled to have the opportunity to review Christmas at Designers' Homes Across America by Katharine Kaye McMillan & Patricia Hart McMillan.  Various designers are featured and each has a signature holiday decorating style.  It will be easy for everyone to find something of interest.  From over the top to simple and elegant, holiday designs are shown for every taste.

I found the decorating hints of these top designers to be very helpful.  I will admit that most of the homes are far and above anything I could ever afford to do.  The good thing was that the design elements are great inspiration.  I saw several things that I could recreate in my own home.  I will admit that I was inspired by some of the non-holiday design elements too.  I found perfect lamps for my nightstands.

A variety of rooms are displayed as well as mantles and side tables.  The color schemes range from traditional to modern.  I was surprised to find a home featured not too far from where I live.  If you cannot tell by now, I loved this book.  I highly recommend it for anyone who loves browsing for holiday inspiration!

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: