Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Late Holiday Planning Start & Freezer Cooking

Normally every year at the end of August I do the Holiday Grand Plan.  This year was too crazy with finishing up the new house.  We are hosting Thanksgiving and two family Christmas parties at our house this year though.  I cannot put off thinking about the holidays any longer.

Yesterday I sat down and wrote out a gift list.  As for the meals Thanksgiving and one family party will be potluck.  I will let W give me an idea of the menu for his family party and go from there.  One thing I like to do is have a few meals/sides in the freezer to make things easier on me at mealtime during the holidays.  It frees me up on the days prior to the actual party days so I am not stressed and end up having takeout.  Since time is limited this year, I made a smaller freezer meal list.

Chicken pot pie filling
Chicken tenders
Brunswick stew
English muffins
Rice
Macaroni & cheese
Tomato Basil Soup
Barbecue pork
Spaghetti sauce
Spaghetti pies

Do you have any favorite freezer meals/sides?

No comments: