Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Pantry Challenge Week 2

I did some grocery shopping this past week.  I spent $68.83 at two grocery stores.  I did stock up on several things so I can avoid shopping at all next week.








I spent $18.36 with Amazon Prime Pantry.  I stocked up on some items for W's lunch.  It was for some snacks he likes that are either not available or are cheaper through Amazon.  I also spent $34.99 on our standing order of coffee from Camano Island. 

That brings my total so far this month to $122.18.  It leaves me $27.82 for the rest of the month.  Since I only have one shopping trip planned for the remainder of the month, I should be just fine.


Tuesday W was out and about so he ate dinner out.  I ended up not eating dinner.  Supper was roast, rice and gravy, corn bread, black eyed peas, and collard greens from my mom.  W skipped the collard greens.


Wednesday we were out running errands but had ham and cheese sandwiches and chips for dinner at home.  Supper was a homemade pizza from the freezer. 


Thursday I tried out a new recipe for beef stroganoff soup.  We have an abundance of steak, roast, and stew meat in the freezer so I am looking for recipes to use that.  Supper was leftovers.


Friday dinner was the leftover stroganoff soup.  Supper for W was cereal.  I had part of a frozen dinner.


Weekend plus Monday - I was under the weather most of the weekend and barely ate anything at all.  W took his usual items in his lunch.  For one of his snacks I worked on getting some odds and ends out of the pantry.  His suppers are almost always cereal. 



2 comments:

obscure said...

Hi! So do you call lunch dinner and dinner supper? Trying to keep up ;)

Little Penpen said...

I get a monthly Amazon order for coffee that is much cheaper than buying from the grocery store. I need to expand it to other food items. I was searching for cookies to send along with a cookie jar, that I ordered for someone's birthday gift, to be delivered to their home. I was amazed how much cheaper they were from Amazon if I did the pantry thing. But.... I don't need cookies ... at all... so I'll have to find other food items. ha!