Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Pantry Challenge Week 4

Meals first and then my spending


Tuesday we had ham, potato salad, and butter beans for dinner/lunch.  W was gone around suppertime so I ate chicken tender and tater tots.  He ate some cereal when he came in. 


Wednesday we had leftovers of the ham, potato salad, and butterbeans for dinner and a pizza for supper.


Thursday was tacos for dinner.  I found a package of shells in the pantry and wanted to use those up.  I managed to scrape together a bit of lettuce from the garden.  That was a miracle considering the three inches of snow and several nights of hard freezing temps.  For supper we went out to eat.  I have started budgeting out night out a month.  I enjoy cooking, but it was great to have a break.


Friday I honestly cannot remember what we ate for dinner.  W was not hungry at supper so I ate part of my leftovers from the night before.


Saturday though Monday was W's usual foods in his lunch.  I ate the rest of the leftovers and some random stuff from the freezer.  I made a batch of Fruity Pebbles macarons to take to dinner with my parents on Sunday.  W also took some of those in his lunch.


Now for the spending.  I had $31.55 of my $150 budget left.  I spent $31.35.  That was milk, cereal, fruit cups, crackers, tomatoes, half & half, sour cream and bagels.  Technically I am at the end of the official pantry challenge.  I will most likely continue it - somewhat loosely though.  I feel I have barely made a dent in the pantry.  Shopping with cash definitely helped me stick to my goal.  I even set aside the cash for my online purchases.  That is definitely something I will continue as it forced me to stay on budget. 

No comments: