Monday, January 29, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 4

1. Disaster Preparedness
Week 4 is communications.  During the hurricane we kept up with what was going on through a battery operated radio.  We also still had cell service so I was able to check in with various friends around the country through texts.  I feel pretty good with this.  We do live right beside the local volunteer fire station and would have access to that in a major emergency. 


2.  Makeover the Garden
W and I discussed some options for laying out the garden.  I am going to add in permanent herb boxes made from scrap wood.  I am continuing to get Lowe's gift cards through Swagbucks so I can buy boards for the new raised beds.  In keeping with my grow what we will use vow, I planted tomato seeds and ordered some additional tomato seeds, eggplant seed, and tomatillo seed.


3.  Organize Recipes
I slipped on this goal last week and did not do a single thing.  I will refocus and make progress this week.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I am happy to have knocked two of these out month.  I would love to aim for at least one a month from here on out.


5.  Focus on Saving
I have been checking the blogs that have grocery store deals so I can take advantage of sales on things we need.  This past week that was deodorant at CVS.  I am focusing on things we truly need rather than just buying items that are cheap. 


6.  Have Fun
W and I went out to eat one night this past week.  We went to a locally owned family restaurant.  I enjoyed the break from cooking.  We brought home leftovers, and I ate three additional meals. 

1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

Most folks wouldn't want to live beside a fire station, but in hard times, you will have the best location, for sure!! It's fun to be thinking of the garden, isn't it? Have a great week!