Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Pantry Challenge Week 3

I skipped grocery shopping again last week.  I did not need anything at all and opted to just stay home.  One of the bags of Sun Chips I ordered from Amazon arrived busted open so I got a credit of $3.73 for that.  I added that to my money left to spend and now have $31.55 for the rest of this month.

Tuesday we had a pasta bake for dinner/lunch.  I cooked some elbow macaroni and mixed in homemade spaghetti sauce from the freezer and mini pepperoni.  I topped it with cheese and baked it.  I made bread sticks to go along with it.  I skipped a salad since the sauce was full of vegetables.  Supper/dinner was cheeseburgers and chips.

Wednesday through Friday W was out of town.  I ate frozen meals - some bought last week and others already on hand.  I had to get a bit creative once the microwave died.  Plus it was really cold for two days which meant no water until close to noon.  I do not know how y'all up north handle subfreezing temps for weeks on end.  This southern gal is happier with 90+ degree weather.  We did have a homemade pizza Friday evening since W did not stop to eat on the way home.

Saturday I had found two partial containers of taco meat in the freezer so we had nachos for dinner.  W was going to cook sloppy joes for supper, but he took a tumble while cutting up part of the fallen pecan tree in our yard.  I told him we would have tomato soup (homemade from the freezer) and grilled cheese.

Sunday and Monday W took his usual stuff in his lunch.  Sunday was hectic.  I had coffee and peanut butter toast for breakfast.  Dinner was a smoothie since I only had an hour to eat and walk Toby before going back to church to play the piano for a funeral.  I had chicken tenders and tater tots for supper.  Monday was more normal for me. I had macaroni & cheese for dinner and a sandwich and chips for supper.


1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

Sounds like a good week. We enjoy eating leftovers during the week. I'm planning to make a pot of dried beans today and hopefully we can eat on those for a few days.