Monday, January 22, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 3

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 3 involves medical supplies.  This area has multiple lists, and this is just the first one.  I have not looked ahead to the other lists.  This one is fairly basic supplies.  We keep a well stocked kit with multiple sizes of band-aids, gauze, pain relievers, etc.  I make my own salves:  healing for cuts, comfrey for bruises, and black salve which is a drawing salve.  This year in my herb garden I am adding the herbs that go into these salves so I have a ready supply for drying. 

2.  Makeover the Garden
Thanks to the busted waterline from this past week my garden water system can get a makeover.  W set something up quickly to get me through the garden season last year.  We are seriously thinking about putting in drip systems for the raised beds.  When my uncle capped off the line, he cut it closer to the main spigot.  This will allow us to think through setting up the water spigots.

3.  Organize Recipes
I did not do anything toward this goal last week.  This week I need to start setting up my recipe books.  I am thinking I will have several smaller books rather than one large one.

4.  Have 13 No Spend Weeks on Groceries
I knocked another off this goal.  W was out of town for three days last week, and it was very cold again.  I had stocked upon things the week before and just stayed at home.  I have 11 weeks to go!

5.  Focus on Saving
I shopped around before ordering a microwave to replace our broken one.  I made sure to get free shipping and used some gift cards to bring the price down a bit more.  Staying home helped save money.  The microwave was my only purchase for the week.

6.  Have Fun
I watched two episodes of "The Crown" this past week.  It took me until the second episode to get into the show, but I think I will enjoy it.  I also have "Victoria" on my watch list.

1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

I've been thinking of getting smaller notebooks and breaking down my recipes into easier to find groups. I really need to do this, because if the internet goes down, some of my favorite recipes are there!! I need to get them transferred to paper.