Monday, January 15, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 2

1. Disaster Preparedness
Week 2 was all about stocking up on hardware.  This is one area that we are prepared in.  Out here in the country many people are used to doing things themselves.  We have plenty of flashlights and keep rechargeable batteries on hand.  I do want to get a hand crack lantern though.  Otherwise we are in good shape.


2.  Makeover the Garden
Last week was not as cold as the first week of this year but it was rainy.  W did work on setting up the second gate for the garden.  This will give us easier access to the compost area.  I transplanted part of the pepper plants into bigger containers.  I hope to be able to leave them in those until they are ready for the garden. 


3.  Organize Recipes
This week I worked on digital recipes.  I cleaned out some that I had saved on Pinterest.  A few were moved to permanent sections so that I can print them.  Others I just deleted.  Sometimes I wonder why I ever though a recipe looked good.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Weeks on Groceries
I did a big grocery shop this past week.  I have one of these knocked out though and plenty of time to get in the other 12.


5.  Focus on Saving
I limited purchasing this week.  I stuck to my grocery list.  We also stopped by a second grocery store to take advantage of some deals and a coupon.  I noted that the regular prices on many items were better than the store I normally shop.  I plan to do at least a twice a month trip to this store.  I saved the old pots (which I replaced with new ones) to use in the yard for chicken feeders/waterers.  W had a clever idea for turning the lids into feeders for baby chicks.


6.  Have Fun
Other than reading (again), I did not spend any time doing something fun.  This will probably be the hardest of my goals as I have a hard time relaxing.  I think I will take time out this coming week to watch a movie.

No comments: