Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 41

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Last week was spent literally doing this.  We moved the extra large rain barrel to the front of the house so we could catch water coming off the porch.  I collected water in jugs inside for us to drink.  The water outside plus buckets of water in the house were for flushing.  I stored jugs of water in the rabbit house for the outside animals.  Items that could blow away were put away.  W also put up extra coverings over some of the outside animals.  We were blessed that the storm shifted slightly moving away from us.  Otherwise things could have been much worse.  Most people here are focused on clean up and doing what we can to help those more affected than we were.


2.  Makeover the Garden
Since I did not know what the hurricane would do, I chose not to do any planting this past week.  Between falling limbs and the possibility of heavy rain, seeds and seedlings could have been washed away. 


3.  Organize Recipes
No-again.  I will do this before the year ends though.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks - Done
With the storm and real possibility of power outages, I opted not to buy any groceries last week.  I am going to continue to work on this to see if I can get more before the end of the year.


5.  Focus on Saving
We had planned to buy pavers to finish up the back yard area.  In the end we opted to wait.  I am going to work on Swagbucks to earn some gift cards.  I plan to combine those with coupons to hopefully have very little out of pocket on this project.


6.  Etsy Store
I focused on storm prep rather than the Etsy store last week.  I did get some crocheting done.  My plans are to add some items this afternoon.  I have various projects to finish up this week as well.

No comments: