Friday, December 14, 2018

Frugal Friday

I waited to buy yarn until I found a sale and free shipping.  I do wish I had a craft store anywhere close to me.  I am glad for online shopping though.

We ate leftovers!  Is it always thrilling and exciting?  No, but they are still good.  I also appreciate the break from cooking a full meal.

We are still eating peppers, tomatoes, and herbs from the garden.  Even with a few frosts the garden plants are hanging on and producing. 

I gave some gifts to my aunt to pass along to my cousins.  She will be visiting them which will save me on postage fees.

I made elderberry syrup.  It is cheaper than buying it pre-made.  W and I take a sip each day during the fall and winter months to ward off colds and flu.  I know some people say it does not work, but I know it works for me.  I went from having bronchitis (at least) twice per season to not even catching a cold for almost 7 years now.  It is more frugal to take this than pay doctor bills.

1 comment:

shari said...

I've never heard of taking elderberry syrup for health. Is it hard to grow? We live in middle GA, would it grow here?