Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 49 & Freezer Challenge

1.  Disaster Preparedness
I abandoned this one early.

2.  Makeover the Garden
Planting was and is still on hold as more rain is in the forecast.  I do have a plan for getting garden peas in the ground later this month. W and I have discussed some plans for next year's garden.  I just need to rein in my grand plans and settle on a plan that will work for the space we have.

3. Organize Recipes
Hmmm....I am beginning to think it is not going to happen.  The weather is definitely cooler, but I end up spending my time crocheting.  I do need to devote an hour to this each week and just get it finished.

4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks - Done
I am going to stay out of the grocery store at least one more week before this year is out. 

5.  Focus on Saving
This year I have focused more on handmade gifts.  Unnecessary purchases have been kept to a minimum.  We have been eating from the pantry and freezer.  Decorations are things we already had on hand.  With winter fast approaching, I expect we will stay home a bit more.

6.  Etsy Shop
I got in an order of yarn this week so I can start making samples of some spring items - Easter baskets, baby things, etc.  I plan to be much more organized next year.

Freezer Challenge - I should have done a better job at keeping up with what I used from the freezer.  I remember a few things - ground meat, chicken, ham, peas, milk, eggnog, wheat flour, and beef broth.  I wish I could say I had made a huge dent, but I think things are going well. 

1 comment:

wolfek said...

I love my scrubbers i got from your etsy shop!