Sunday, December 30, 2018

Weekend Book Review: The Minimalist Home

The Minimalist Home by Joshua Becker promises a room-by-room guide to decluttering and refocusing life.  I think when most people hear minimalist they think living in a bare space with few belongings.  I appreciated that the author takes a different view and focuses on keeping things that are important to each individual.  The ideas discussed are not necessarily new or ground breaking, but they are presented in an easy to follow format.  The sections on maintenance and future are helpful additions.  I wanted to read this book after my home began to feel cluttered after two years.  I am anxious to dive in to the steps now that the holidays are almost over.  The chapter on the yard is a good one as this area is often overlooked in most books of this type.  I am excited to put the guidelines outlined in this book into practice to create a more peaceful home for myself and my family.

disclosure:  I received a review copy from the publisher (WaterBrook) but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

1 comment:

Out My window said...

I am going to try and go minimalist more this year. I just don't like to clean around all the crap.