Sunday, September 8, 2019

Weekend Book Review: Joyful Surrender

Joyful Surrender by Elisabeth Elliot focuses on seven disciplines for Christians.  Approximately one-third of the book is dedicated to reasons why Christians should surrender to God.  The remaining chapters deal with the seven disciplines.  The short chapters worked well when I had a limited amount of reading time.  I could easily read a chapter and focus on the one particular discipline.  Each of the disciplines was relevant to today's world.  I do think the chapters on surrender could have been summarized into one.  My main issue with the book was the lack of references for the Bible verses used.  I would have preferred the book, chapter, and verse be included.  This would allow readers to easily look up the references on their own and study further. 

disclosure:  I received a copy of this book from Revell/Baker Publishing but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!


No comments: