Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Couple of New Favorites

I have a long list of recipes on my computer.  Every now and then I actually get around to trying some of them. 

My mom found some discounted milk at the grocery store last week and shared with me.  By the weekend it was to the point that it needed to be used or would be for the tomatoes only.  I took advantage of it to try a recipe for freezer waffles.  I used half white whole wheat flour and half all-purpose flour.  My husband is not quite ready to go all whole wheat.  I made a double batch and topped the milk off with just a bit a water to equal the amount I needed.  The waffles were delicious and much better than any mix.  I will be making these again and again.

I am often looking for easy main dish meals.  I saw a recipe for taco pasta and bought the few ingredients I did not have on hand.  I left out the cilantro.  (It tastes like I imagine a stink bug would taste.)  Add in a green salad and breadsticks for a wonderful meal.  My husband ate two helpings of it.  It was spicy but not too spicy.  This recipe is a keeper and a wonderful homemade alternative to the boxed hamburger meals. 

2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

I just read these recipes and both sound really good to me right now. I had to laugh about the stink bug taste! I knew exactly what you were talking about! LOL!

Lorita said...

I am with you and Susan on the stink bug taste. LOL I would never have thought to describe it in that way. My niece loves cilantro in everything but it is not my favorite thing, so usually leave it out too. To me, things taste just fine without it.