Monday, May 21, 2012

Zucchini

Garden season is in full swing here!  We have quite a bit of zucchini already.  Fortunately we have neighbors who like zucchini but do not grow it.  Still I have been looking for creative ways to use it up.  I shredded some and froze it to make cranberry zucchini muffins later.  I have sauteed it with onions and yellow squash. 

My aunt tried out a recipe for baking slices of zucchini and raved about how delicious it was.  I tried it myself last week.  Yum!  Both my husband and I thought it was delicious, and I will be making it again. 

I sliced the zucchini lengthwise and placed it on a baking sheet.  I topped the slices with salt and pepper, Parmesan cheese, and added bacon bits to a couple.




These were baked at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  I just kept poking them with a fork until they felt tender.  The bacon bits were a nice addition but not necessary.  This is a great way to serve zucchini if you have an abundance this garden season!

2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

This sounds really tasty!

Helena said...

My favourite recipe with zucchini (we call them courgettes) is to roast them in the oven with feta cheese and red peppers (bell or romano) - roast them for about half an hour with fresh basil and olive oil...mmmmm