Thursday, May 3, 2012

Quick Garden Update & The Pineapple

I just wanted to share a couple of updated garden photos.  First are the peppers and tomatoes which also have radishes and carrots mixed in.  A few of the tomatoes have really taken off.  I added in two more.  One will be a surprise tomato type.  The plant sprouted in one of my flower pots which had been filled with compost.  The radishes are very hard to see in this photo as they are at the other end of the raised bed.


Here is the Indian corn.  The other side will be planted with white pumpins at the end of this month.  I wanted the corn to get a head start.


I would have shown a picture of the cantaloupe and watermelon plants.  They were tasty snacks for my parents' ducks.  I have put up a little fence and replanted cantaloupe seeds.  I am giving up on the watermelons.

The pineapple on our pineapple plant is growing very slowly.  I think you can see a big difference between the first post here and the photo below. The top of the pineapple is beginning to form.



1 comment:

Vicki in UT said...

Dawn, it will be interesting to see how big your pineapple gets. The one we had that produced a pineapple, it only got to be about 3" tall. It was yummy, though.