Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pillowcase Dress

I am every so slowly learning to sew.  I made two aprons for myself.  I found a great tutorial for making a pillowcase dress but had not attempted it. I bought fabric at my husband's insistance as he was certain I could make the dress.  Last week I delivered a present to a new baby girl in my family.  Her big sister looked sadly at me and said, "You didn't make me anything?".  I had already thought about making the dress for her and that was the shove I needed.

I spent a few hours working on it.  Honestly if I had not needed to keep looking at the directions it would have gone faster.  The tutorial had directions for making an elastic neckline.  It was a nice project for a beginning seamstress.  It had a very good sizing chart which will be helpful as I need to make five more of these dresses.  We have many little girls in my family.  I am gaining confidence and having fun too. 

4 comments:

Vicki in UT said...

I love those fabrics together. it turned out very cute, you did a good job.

Susan in SC said...

This is adorable! Great job!

Lorita said...

I love the cat fabric! The colors and fabric designs are very nice picks and should make any little girl happy. Making something the first time always takes the longest. Then next ones will go much faster now. Keep up the good work. You can now add sewing clothing to your long list of abilities. The woman who can do everything and anything. Just have fun with it.

Julie said...

Beautiful Dawn. Great fabric combinations.