Thursday, May 31, 2012

Aprons & Dresses

I realized that I had never posted any photos of my first two sewing projects - aprons.  I had ordered two types of printed fabric and one solid that could be used on both.  First I made a cupcake apron.  I made it smaller since I am petite. 

It was nice, but I wanted the second one slightly larger.  I also made the ties longer so they would wrap around to the front.


I have another "niece" who is about to be a big sister.  In addition to sending a gift for the new baby, I made a pillowcase dress to send to the big sister.  I found a different selection of fat quarters at another store.  I loved the bright colors.  I think it is perfect for a two year old girl.


Both of the previous dresses that I made were for the older little girls in my family.  My husband picked out some fabric for a dress for his sister's baby.  She is the oldest of the four babies in my family.  This dress is a size 6-12 months.  I am actually getting better.  I sewed this in an evening.  It would have taken me less time if I had not had a few issues. 


I have some other projects in mind including a knit top for myself.  I am more comfortable but know I have a long way to go. 

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

LOVE your aprons!! Makes me want to sew one right now! Love the little dresses too.